Let’s face it. Waiting is hard. Whether it’s at the doctors office, waiting for a call back after an interview, or waiting on answers from God, no one likes to wait. But waiting is essential to our growth and it teaches us to rely on God alone. Here are some of my favorite Bible verses that get me through my times of waiting.
1. I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
2. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
3. but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
4. But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7)
5. I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:5)
6. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. (Psalm 145:15-16)
7. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)
8. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)
9. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)
10. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Always remember God’s promise for you is sure. Lean on Him and He’ll never let you down.
As a gift to you, I’ve created a free printable that you can put in a nice frame as a constant reminder. Click the link below to grab your printable!